Wednesday, November 5, 2008

IVF#3 and Adoption

Nothing too much going on here, but we're getting close. I'm thinking I ovulated yesterday so that means I should get my period in about 9-10 days. So with that comes start of IVF#3. I've probably already said this, but I'm both scared and excited to start. Excited because it might work! And scared out of my mind to start because this will most likely be the last attempt. If that doesn't work, we'll probably pursue adoption or donor sperm. Or maybe donor eggs.

We went to an Adoption Fair on Monday, and it was really interesting! They had local adoption agencies, social workers, lawyers, pediatricians, etc.... all in one place for us to meet with, ask questions, etc... it was a LOT of information to digest and we have a lot to go through this weekend. But, it was a start. We were thinking of starting this route now since it can take a couple of years to be placed with a baby. And OMG expensive - yikes!

We aren't sure yet if we'll do donor eggs/sperm. If we do, I'd like to start with sperm since it's soooo much cheaper and can just do an IUI. Donor eggs themselves are MUCH more expensive - about $10,000 I believe, plus I'd have to do IVF. Which between that and the meds would be a lot more on top of the donor fee.

So, I don't know. It's a lot to take in. So right now we are just really, really, really hoping IVF# and the new protocol works this time. Please?!?!?!

2 comments:

Amy C said...

Question: Why would you consider sperm/egg donors? I thought one would only do that if there was a problem getting the egg to fertilize or mature and I know you have ahd success. I was just wondering if there is something I don't know.

Well, good luck with #3...I find out the results os #1 on Monday (biting fingernails)!

shawna said...

I want this so badly for you. I will be praying nonstop for a BFP. Good Luck!