Thursday, November 20, 2008

IVF#3 - Schedule - CD3 Appt. Today

So, had my CD3 appointment today to kick off IVF#3. Standard stuff - bloodwork and a date with the wand. But afterward, she wrote down for me the approximate timing and when I'd be taking each med. Apparently I could have already started the Lupron on this past CD21, but no one told me! Oh well, what's one more month, right? This way, if it's a BFN, I'd get the news after Christmas, not before. So that's good, right?! lol

The dates are all approximate except for the Lupron date, but here goes:

12/08: Lupron (10 iu)

12/18: Get period, call for appt.
Start Estradiol Valerate injections (2X/wk x 10 days)
Drop Lupron dosage (5 iu)

12/29: Start Follistim (225 iu)
Start Menopur (75 iu)
Stop Lupron

1/05: Start Ganirelix (1 vial/day)
Stop Estradiol Valerate

1/08: Ovidrel Trigger

1/09: Egg Retrieval
Start HCG booster
Start Lovenox
Start PIO
Start Estrace
Start Prometrium
Start Doxycycline

1/12: Embryo Transfer

So - there's the cycle in a nutshell! lol Hopefully this new protocol will get us more than 4 mature eggs and we have good embies and even have some to freeze this time. The tricky thing with this cycle (besides the GIANT PIO needles!) is the HCG booster during the 2WW. Due to this, I can't pee out the trigger since I'll continue to be adding in HCG. So, while I'll still have my Beta at the end of the 2WW, it will be guaranteed to be positive due to the HCG boosters. So, I'll have to go back every day for another Beta for about a week-ish until they can positively tell if it's a BFP or BFN. Having to wait to know if it's positive is worth it for the small extra boost it might give for the BFP, right?! RIGHT?! lol

So, we'll just have to see how things fall over the Christmas holiday. I'll have to go in for monitoring, during that time, so that will determine if we get to go see our families for Christmas and when. Kind of sucks, but, if it works, will be worth it in the end.

So - wish me luck!! And if you made it this far - THANK YOU.