Monday, July 27, 2009
How far along? 29 weeks. Can you believe I am no longer in my "20's" - tomorow is officially the start of the 30's - wow! (on that note, I seriously need to get to posting belly pics - I'll do it, I promise - although they're really nothing exciting, I promise! lol)
Total Weight Gain: + 7 (as of 2 weeks ago at last appt).
Maternity Clothes? I have 1 pair of jeans, 1 capri and 1 shirt. I can still get away with some older clothes, just a size up. But I do need to get out there and get some more - especially tops.
Stretch Marks? some on my boobs, but can't really see them - they're kind of on the bottom, if that makes sense? Nothing on belly yet (knocks on wood).
Sleep? Don't sleep well, up numerous times a night. I have taken to not always sleeping the night through in the same bed as DH. And that makes me sad. :-(
Best Moment This Week: DH has seen my belly move (4th of July), but he officially FELT it for the first time during our vacation (7/20). It was awesome! Usually the little guy stops moving once anyone (myself included) puts their hand on my belly. But not this time!
Movement: Definitely. And now that he's bigger, I am feeling a lot more regular movement/squirms than just the jabs/kicks. It's awesome. DH said it felt like a snake slithering in my belly when he felt it. Interesting analogy! lol
Food Cravings: None yet
Gender: Still a boy I hope! lol
Labor Signs: Nothing yet which I'm thankful for.
Belly Button In or Out? Still in.
What I miss: Laying and sleeping on my belly/back. Ah, those were the days. ;-)
What am I looking forward to: Pregnancy related - our next appt. is tomorrow. Just a routing one, but we still get to hear the little guy's heartbeat! Non-pregnancy related? My sister is getting married Friday (yay!) and my other sister comes home from Australia tomorrow for it - can't wait to see her!
Weekly Wisdom: haven't had any this week from anyone else - and I'm ok with that!
Milestones: DH feeling movement and officially leaving the "20's"!
Friday, July 24, 2009
We have been to Jamaica before, so we didn't bother with excursions this time - we really just wanted to relax and that we did. Our room got upgraded which was nice so we ended up with a bar right in our room (DH took much pleasure in that), besides the other bars on site, and there was a pool about 10 feet outside our back door/patio. Oh - and one awesome thing about a pool? You can lay on your stomach - on a floaty or whatever - and it doesn't hurt! lol
There were two resort cats that we saw just lounging around periodically (so cute) and during our night time strolls, we saw so many crabs just walking around. Big and small. It was pretty cool!
The weather was great, people were nice, and there were lots of choices of restaurants or even 24 hour room service (which we took full advantage of and had breakfast in bed/on our patio every morning!). I'll post pictures once I finally get them off my camera.
And the best part? DH finally FELT the baby move! He saw it for the first time on the 4th of July, but he's never been able to feel it. Everytime he put his hand on my belly, the little guy would stop moving. :-( But not this time - gave him a nice big kick!
Tough life, no?! lol
Thursday, July 16, 2009
1) Breathing. I don't know about you, but whenever I think about the process of breathing, the thing that usually happens so naturally becomes almost impossible to do. And the fact that she kept constantly telling me to think about breathing in... breathing out... I could not for the life of me breath comfortably! And I had to actually make myself inhale and exhale each time. Sooo not natural or relaxing at all. Anyone else like this or have suggestions?!?!
2) "Yoga-ese". I know it's not officially a word, but it's what I call it when referring to the way the instructor was speaking and things she said. I know it's not right, but I just had a hard time getting into all the talk about "the universe", and that I wasn't "running toward anything" and that the universe was happy, energy, etc... I know that's a big part of yoga and will be something I have to definitely work at not rolling my eyes to.
Other than that, it was great - will take me a couple sessions to get familiar with everything and not have to look up to make sure I'm doing it right. And the oddest thing - it's upstairs from my RE office. It was so weird going back there! I was hesitant about going to a pre-natal class at an RE's office for the simple fact that I would HATE for an IF patient to see a bunch of ladies with pregnant bellies walking around. Ouch. But, thankfully, the class was at 7:00 pm so the RE's ofice had long since closed.
I will miss next week's class while in Jamaica, but they said I could make it up during any of the other yoga classes - yay!
And now, speaking of Jamaica. We'll be there TOMORROW! So I leave you with this awesome pic - another great way to relax other than yoga. ;-)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The countdown has begun and the packing has commenced. DH is still dependent on crutches which makes me sad, but I'm thinking a few days laying at the pool/beach can help - we canNOT wait!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Got the results of my glucose and repeat thyroid tests and I passed them both as well as the standard blood pressure, weight, heartrate, etc... So - here are the results:
Glucose: 88 -- well within passing range, yay!
Thyroid: 1.4 -- so staying on same 50 mcg dosage
Weight: +1 from last month, total +7
HB: fluctuated between 148-152 -- nice and strong!
They also gave us the official go-ahead for Jamaica and we leave this Friday! We canNOT wait!
- We had our nieces (ages 7 & 9) here since Wednesday and we brought them back home yesterday. Was fun, but I will admit I was ok with driving them back home after the visit, too! lol
- Now that the girls are gone, we are instead dog-sitting. Dog comes tonight and his daddy picks him back up Thursday night. We leave Friday morning. Let's just say it'll be nice to get away for the pure simple fact that no one will be around and we can finally be alone! We haven't been alone, especially on the weekends in I don't know how long! (And yes, I know we won't be alone at all when the baby comes, but it's ok - it'll be our baby!!! lol)
- DH woke up Saturday morning and couldn't move his knee or put any pressure on it. He's not sure what he did, but we went to Urgent Care yesterday and the doctor thinks he sprained it. It's only slightly swollen and DH doesn't recall doing anything to have resulted in a sprain, but he went for x-rays today just in case it was anything else.
So needless to say, we'll make quite the pair at the resort - the pregnant girl and the guy on the crutches - won't be hard to forget! lol
Friday, July 10, 2009
Got the mail last night and there was an envelope from my RE. I wasn't expecting anything good - maybe that we owed them money or something. Especially since we just paid them for another year of DH's sperm storage. But nope - and boy was I wrong.
It was a CHECK! Holy crap. A refund of over $500. Yay!
That is so going into the savings account right now. Not a bad way to end the week!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
1) The standard - I'm pregnant. I drink a lot. I pee a lot. I never thought to include the cost of increased toilet paper purchasing in our budget. lol
2) The little guy likes to use my bladder as a trampoline. I love that I can feel him, not loving the sudden urges to pee. ha
3) Haven't slept through the night in I don't know how long - often due to getting up to pee. Multiple times. Good thing it's not too far from the bed.
4) My "style" of peeing has changed. Before I was pregnant, the rate at which I peed varied. If I really had to go, it came out fast. Now - it's always a steady rate. Always. Well - except for those trickles that result from above mentioned trampoline practice. It's like there's a limit on how fast I'm allowed to pee now. Very weird. Anyone else notice this?
5) Cramping/ab tightening. Just for a short while. And often right before I go and right after I'm done. Anyone else?
6) The lovely "snissing". While it's been close, I haven't actually peed my pants yet (thanks kegels??), but I have a feeling it will happen at least once before this pregnancy is over.
OK - guess that's it. Just some weird little things I've noticed about peeing now that I'm pregnant. ;-) Anyone else experience any of these, too? Or have anything else to add to the list?
Hope everyone's having a great day!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
They had both orange and red today, but only the red was cold so I went with that. The first few drinks honestly weren't too bad, but by the bottom, I was forcing it down. I can handle not having to drink that again! haha
It would suck, but I guess it's good to know, just in case though, right?! lol So I guess we'll just wait and see what we're told on Monday - fingers crossed!
And one more thing - we're in double digits now - only 97 days left - wow!
Monday, July 6, 2009
I have the option of orange or fruit punch, but of which I do not like the flavor of. I'd rather eat the jelly beans or drink the grape juice I've heard some girls get to do! lol
Besides glucose, they'll also be drawing to retest my thyroid. Hopefully I'll still come back ok and just stay on my current dosage.
Outside of the pregnancy, this past weekend was the 4th of July! We went to visit the in-laws and had a pretty good time. Started registering, went to a BBQ on Honeoye Lake, got some color, ate some crap food. All-in-all, not a bad weekend!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
But when it sunk in what she was talking about, it made it a little more real. She is throwing a shower for us. For the baby we're having. Wow!