Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Thump and a Book

So, I felt another "thump" today, so I am beginning to think it is the baby, although still not 100% sure. I don't think I'll be 100% sure until it happens more often and is a little harder. But yay for now if it is!

Outside of that, I've been feeling pretty good. Still sleeping like crap - that's probably the biggest thing right now. I am such a light sleeper right now - I wake up so easily - and it's not always to pee. I knew the not sleeping was going to happen, I just thought I had more time! lol

I also noticed I had my first skin tag - they're kind of freaky - yikes! It's tiny and I know they generally go away, just weird to see actually happen. I think I'll just not look for now. ;-)

On a different note, this past weekend, we went away to visit DH's family for Mother's Day. It was a nice trip. I hadn't been able to go out to visit since Christmas, so it was great. We catered to his mom and tried to not let her do anything (although not always successfully!). I wasn't expecting anything myself for Mother's Day since I don't technically have a baby in my arms, but his sister and nieces got me a card and a gift, it was pretty cute. And some friends sent well-wishes as well, it was kind of cool!

DH didn't do anything (and I agree) since we aren't technically there yet and didn't want to jump the gun, just in case, you know? I'm completely ok with that and can't wait for next year!

Besides the card/gift from his sister, she always gave us a box of the old books she and DH used to have as kids - it is so cool to look through them. And DH said he wanted to pull each of them out and read them to my belly - yay! Although not one of those books, DH took a book out of the elementary school library last week (his idea!) and read it to my belly last night:



It was actually a pretty good book - I've never read any of the Clifford books. DH thought it was pretty funny and now that I think about it, I wonder why, too - seems everyone did - maybe they were out after I was too old for them? Who knows!

Either way, it was so cute watching him read last night. He was so into it and it just made me fall in love with him even more!

OK, guess that's it - I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

shawna said...

I think that we are the same age, and I don't think that I ever read a Clifford book either. My husband loves the cartoon though. Now that the older kids are too old for it, he uses the babies as his excuse to watch it.