Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All is well!

DH and I went in for the appointment yesterday. They got us in right away which was nice - less time to sit there worrying! I knew things would end up being ok, but there's always that nagging feeling in the back of your head the thinks the worst, you know? Especially since I hadn't really felt him at all that morning.

They start off trying to listen for the heartbeat. Usually they place it on my belly and we hear it right away. But yesterday it took them a few tries before we did. And let me tell you - I was so scared! But, they did end up finding it and it was the best sound I've ever heard!

Next they did an internal exam and she said my cervix looks PEREFECT - doesn't even look like it bled. Sweet!

So - she said everything looks great, but "based on everything we've been through to even get pregnant", she's putting me on pelvic rest for a month. I/we know we most likely won't need that, but it's nice they want to be extra cautious with me - I won't complain!

I have a trip planned for CO this weekend (leave Friday, come back Sunday night), then I fly out again Monday for a work trip to PA and come back Thursday, then drive up to my parents house for my sister's shower Friday after work through Sunday.

They did ok me for the flying, though, and gave me copies of my paperwork "just in case", although they're not expecting anything to happen. It was kind of cool reading the paperwork - especially the big "IVF" written right at the top. ;-)

So, guess that's it. I'm done rambling. ;-) And we do realize this was extremely minor in comparison to what could happen during pregnancy, but we both were still so extremely happy after we left. We didn't realize just how nervous we were until we left. Now, let's hope everything else from here on out is smooth sailing!

1 comment:

shawna said...

I am so glad to hear that everything turned out ok. It is getting closer!