Monday, June 15, 2009

Appointment Today

Had another appointment today (23 weeks!). No ultrasound or anything, just routine with some updates:

1) Said I can come off Lovenox at 28 weeks if I'm comfortable with doing so. If not, let him know and can stay on up to 36 weeks if I want. Not sure how long I'll go. Probably just go until I run out? Not sure how much I have left.

2) Need to do the GD check and re-check thyroid levels before next appointment. Next appt. is 7/13 so will probably schedule those the week before. My initial glucose level was 71 when they first drew it, so hopefully it stays low!

3) BP looks good and have gained 3 lbs in the last month. Total +6 I think? I went forever without actually gaining, so it's weird seeing that. I know I'm supposed to gain weight, but I am not going to lie and say it's not a scary thing!

4) Switching to DH's insurance next month (cheaper delivery costs and covers breast pumps and class discounts - yay!) so got some info on the breast pump thing. He just said I need to give them a call to see if they need a durable medical form or an Rx for it and he'll do whatever we need. Even if it's not covered 100%, it's a big SCORE in my mind - those things aren't cheap!

5) He ok's our trip to Jamaica next month - yay! We tried multiple times last year to go on that trip, but it kept getting postponed due to treatments so this year (assuming our ass of a travel agent actually does her job), we'll actually get to go! We just have to come in and see them a couple days before we go to get a final check and get some "tips" and a copy of my apperwork to take with. Can't wait!

6) Found out we get another ultrasound between 32-34 weeks for measurements - sweet!

7) Lastly - I'm off pelvic rest! Still required to call if I have any spotting, but now that means we can have sex (if we get the nerve!) and do more than just walking for exercise, lift things, etc... Yay!

OK - guess that's it - sorry it was so long. I just really like my office so it's easy to get carried away. Everyone I've seen so far has been great!

Hope everyone's doing well! And finally - a big congratulations to Sandi for making it to full term today!

2 comments:

shawnandlarissa said...

All good stuff. Yay for no more pelvic rest! Although we don't have sex despite no pelvic rest orders - pregnant sex seems to skeev DH out a bit :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm on lovenox too and 16 weeks. My doctor has explained to me that coming off of lovenox before delivery (and after the safe zone like you're talking about) can cause the baby to be smaller due to less nutrients getting to the baby (I assume from the increased work of having to control the bleed? - I'd have to ask him again why). We plan to go until delivery (although we'll switch to a different type at 36 weeks). He's treated people with lovenox for 10 years with huge success. Just thought I'd let you know what he was saying.