Monday, October 12, 2009

40 Weeks - Happy Due Date To Me!

Well, today is officially my due date and looks like it's going to come and go without us getting to meet our little guy!

We had our first bi-weekly appointment this morning which started with the NST then the regular appointment. I've had one NST before when I was nervous about not feeling him move (only to have him go crazy while I was sitting in the waiting room), so I was looking forward to today's appointment. I love just sitting there listening to his heartbeat and feeling him move!

DH didn't go to the one prior (was out of town), but he went today and was amazed at how much he moved!

I knew going into the appointment this morning that he wasn't going to be ready, but to look at the tape and see not a SINGLE contraction on there? Yeah.... ;-) The only spikes on the contraction line were from when he kicked the monitor! lol Doctor's exact words were: Well, he's as happy as a clam in there!

So - I have another appointment on Thursday which will include another NST, an u/s to check for fluid levels and another appointment with the doctor including an internal. Based on that appt, we'll go from there to determine if we continue to let things go or pick a date.

So - I guess it's up to the little guy to see what he wants to do! I'm in no rush, but do want to meet him soon!

On a related note, I wanted to wish Larissa the best of luck - she is only 2 days behind me and is in labor as we speak! Come on, Larissa!

No comments: