Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nursery Pics!

Despite being 39 weeks tomorrow, we are not done - still have to hang stuff on the walls, and we can't decide WHAT to do for curtains, but thought I'd share what we've done so far. it's at least usable if the little guy comes tomorrow!

I don't have a good before picture (forgot to take one), and went through many a paint change, but here's the progression so far...

"The Before": The closest "Before" that I have. The entire room was the off-white/cream color you see on top with brown stained trim around the windows and base boards:




We then painted the bottom "Guacamole" and the top "Lettuce Alone" green (both by Olympic). We loved the bottom, the top looked AWFUL. So, I bring you:

"The During":




The paint "chips" looked great in person, but on the wall, ummm, no. I swear it glowed. So off to the store we went again and bought spent forever comparing shades of blue for the top instead. We finally settled on "Crashing Waves" also by Olympic. And to that, we bought some chair rail, while, and even mitred the corners ourselves. So this now leads to:


"The After":




We love the colors - the chair rail/trim really set it off and add the perfect touch!

To this, we added the Baby Mod "Cadence" Crib from Walmart in Espresso...


The Crib:



And the "Hartford" dresser by Rockland from JCPenney...

The Dresser/Changer:




Both came super fast, were pretty easy to put together, and came with no scratches. They look beautiful - both rich espresso colors that actually match really well despite being different colors - and seem pretty sturdy - ESPECIALLY the crib. I recommend to anyone!

Here's the bedding - "Monkey Vine" from BRU - ties in the greens, blues, and browns...


The Bedding:


I love the colors and the subtle monkey-theme. Very cute! I had this on my wish-list but wasn't going to buy b/c, honestly, it's pretty expensive. But my mom surprised me with it one day - she has spoiled this little one already (she also gifted us the crib - we are so blessed) and he's not even here yet! Thank you, mom!

The Decor:
As I mentioned above, we're not done decorating, but we added an espresso colored wicker basket to the dresser with the changing pad, a matching wicker hampter and are also going to be adding white shelves to the wall to put pictures, other items and are also going to have his name over his crib like this:


Name with be olive green to match the walls and the monkey will be this brown. Other than that, we may hang a few other things, but for now, that's about it.

OK - this post turned out longer than I thought (sorry!), but I just love the room. It's not even done, yet neither DH nor I can stop going into the room. We just love it! And the colors should be able to grow with him from infancy into boyhood, no?

Oh - and if you have idea for curtains, let me know! We've tried white, brown, and green, and don't like them. Thinking we may have to do a mixure.

OK - guess that's it. I'll try and post more pics once it's finished, but here are a few last shots of the room with what we've at least got in there so far. Thanks for looking!










Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

shawna said...

That is so cute! Can you send your hubby to Texas next? I can't believe how close you are to being a mommy!!!!

Unknown said...

i love love love the green!
39 weeks- goodnesss!!!

shawnandlarissa said...

Have you thought about a stripe of some sort for the curtains?