Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Parents

I am a very proud daughter. Each year my parents take vacation time 1-2 times a year and go somewhere to help out. And I just dropped them off at the airport yesterday to do it again.

Every year since Katrina they've gone down to New Orleans to help tear down/build back up. And this year they wanted to build a house so they could hopefully get a family back in their home by Christmas. They have also gone to Brazil a couple times, and last year they went to both South Africa and New Orleans.

They'll be in New Orleans for about 10 days and then they just le tme know that they decided to go back to South Africa in February/March to help again.

I am just so proud of them I could burst. Using their own vacation time, their own money (especially since they don't have much to begin with), their own tools, etc... to go help those in need. They are such good, selfless people (in more ways even than this) that if I can just be half the people they are, it would say a lot.

OK, gushing over, sorry about that. But yay mom and dad!

1 comment:

shawna said...

I'll say it too, "Yay, Mom and Dad!" That is amazing. I think that makes it clear where your generosity comes from.