Saturday, December 20, 2008

CD1, IM Injections, and more Animals

So, my period officially showed, so we are now schedule for Cd3 bloodwork on Monday and we'll get started with the next phase of this IVF cycle - Estradiol Valerate injections!

This is my first time on these and I did NOT know that they were going to be IM injections. I was naive and assumed they'd be sub-q until I saw that bottle yesterday and saw the words - Sesame Oil and IM. Gulp.

I haven't done any IM shots before and haven't been looking forward to them for the PIO shots during the 2WW, but I still have a while before that comes. But nope - starting next week, my husband will be aiming a giant needle at a target on my butt!

On a lighter note, here are some more pics of some animals from my mom and dad's volunteer trip to South Africa. I don't remember all of their names, but I'll do what I can!

Here's the mom and baby giraffe to go with the daddy from my post below:




Daddy giraffe with a bird perched on top of one of his horns:



Peek-a-boo!



Springbok? There were a lot of deer-type animals so I can't remember all their names!



More deer-type guys and gals:



Water Buffalo type guys:



Pretty Zebras keeping a close eye on my parents!

A couple pics of Osteriches:

This one was spreading his feathers in alert if I remember correctly:


Monkey see, Monkey do!



Some antelope-y type thing - can't remember the name!



Hi!


Just some birds having a bath ;-)


And on a different note, here are some of the housing near where they were. Such a different world between the races there and where and how they live:


It's hard to see in this picture since it's so small, but across the water there are the nicer houses - such a distinct division:
A lot of the house roofs are kept down with rock as seen here:

And lastly, some kids that gladly posed for a picture as my parents went by - how cute!:

.
My mom took a billion pics - they were so awesome to look at - especially the ones that had so many different types of animals just all hanging out together - it was so cool to see! It's too bad that the pictures on here are so small - I wish I could make them bigger!
.
I hope everyone's doing well and are almost done with their holiday shopping!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

OOh! Good luck with the IM injections.. They don't sound fun.. My SIL went to south africa a few years ago.. I remember she had pics of similar housing communities.. Its sad.. She didn't have any cool animal pics though! Those are awesome.

shawnandlarissa said...

Good luck with the shots!

Amy C said...

Great Pics!!!! Okay...when I had the PIO shots I thought it was going to hurt but it actually was not bad!! Seriously, it didn't really hurt...toward the end it started to get uncomfortable because my ass was sore, but overall it's not so bad! Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

i never did the IM injections- yikes!
good luck!