Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

Phew! Christmas was very enjoyable, but very hectic. In total, we celebrated 5 times!

We went to my parents on the evening of 12/23 and spent actual Christmas with them. It was so nice to be home and see everyone. We grandmother, my great aunt, my parents, and BOTH of my sisters! My youngest lives in Australia, but she came home for Christmas and it was just so awesome to see her and get to spend time with her - even if it was limited. My other sister's Fiance and their baby was also there - he is getting so big!

And one thing Christmas really drove home was how much I love my mom and that my mom loves us. I have never doubted that, but sometimes you just get those moments that just knock you off your feet, you know? One of the gifts I got for Christmas was the really pretty set of holiday/winter coasters that came in a cute decorated box. I opened it up to see what they looked like and what did I find? Nestled between each coaster was money and a note stuck under the cover. My mother had written us a note basically alluding to the fact that the money was to help with the cost of this cycle. She is the only one in my family to know, so she did it secretly. And it just made us both start crying. It just means so much that she is so supportive. it just left us feeling so loved. Tom said it also made him feel guilty - that I wouldn't have to be doing all of these shots, my mom wouldn't give us money, etc... if he didn't have MFI. But we talked it out and still, when we think about what she did for us, we just don't know what to say. There's no way to thank her enough! I love you, mom!

After that, we then drove to his parents' and did our Christmas with them, then his nephew/his wife, and then finally his sister and her girls. By the time we got home to our house we were exhausted and just so sick of traveling. And sick of trying to sneak in all of my injections without anyone knowing!

But, we did finally make it home the night of 12/30. We wanted to make sure we got to wake up at our own house on New Year's Eve because that's when we always do our own Christmas. We have ever since we met and it just makes it so special. We hang out during the day, eat a really yummy dinner (usually a steak/prime rib dinner we get from somewhere), use our nice dishes, etc..., exchange dishes, watch movies, watch the ball drop, and of course do that New Year's kiss!

Overall, despite all of the traveling, it was a great Christmas all around. Great to see family and spend some time together, too. I hope you all had a great holiday season, too!

No comments: