Thursday, January 1, 2009

Stims - Day 1

So, today is day one of stims forIVF#3. Brand new protocol. So I stop the Estradiol Valerate IM injections and everything else and now start:

Follistim: 225 iu
Menopur: 75 iu

Never done Menopur before and I have to say - ouch! That one burns going in - I had no idea! And that needle is much wider than others I've used and it doesn't like to go in. I have found hat if I let the menopur sit for a bit after mixing - and then inject it slowly, it doesn't hurt as much.

I had also never had to mix anything before, so this was my first time with Q-caps, changing up needle heads, etc... Had a few tricks, etc... to learn, but not so hard at all. ;-)

But yeah, they should really tell you about the burning - yikes!

1 comment:

shawnandlarissa said...

Yep. The Menopur most certainly burns.