Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gatorade + Ovaries + Pee

So - I have been downing the Gatorade (G2 specifically) since the Retrieval, and I have to say, I think it's working! I switched to G2 rather than regular Gatorade this cycle and I like it so much better - not as sweet and not nearly as many calories, yet still tastes great - anyone else try it?

I don't have nearly as much bloat as I did earlier this week and the constipation and gas aren't so bad, either. Definitely manageable. Emotions, so far, are pretty well in check and I find myself drifting into my own little world thinking about Saturday. Wondering how our little emibies are doing - I can't wait to see them!

The only thing I've noticed that's different this time as compared to the other cycles is that when my bladder is full, my ovaries hurt - especially the right one. It makes sense that it's the right one since that one hurt more after the retrieval. I'm assuming it's happening since my bladder is pushing on them, but wow it can really hurt sometimes! But, again, easily relieved just by peeing ;-) Anyone else experience this?

Kind of sucks since I've been downing so much G2 and water - I feel like I'm in that bathroom all the time!

And lastly, wanted to leave you with something I thought was pretty funny. I'm currently doing Lovenox and PIO injections (which haven't been so bad yet!) as well as the low dose aspirin and pre-natals. Well tonight I picked up the Lovenox box and read the warnings which basically state the following:

1) Don't use if planning to become pregnant
2) Don't take with other medicines
3) Don't take with aspirin
4) Don't skip doses and use as directed

Well - needless to say I'm currently breaking the first 3 of those rules!

1 comment:

shawna said...

I am so glad to see that everything is going so well. I am sorry for being MIA lately. You were there for me in such a huge way, so I feel like I've let you down a little bit. I promise to do better!
I want this so much for you. I can't imagine many who deserve it more. Good Luck!