Saturday, January 24, 2009

Embryo Transfer - Check!

OMG, we were so nervous going in this morning. How many of the 6 were still growing? Was there any fragmentation? And on, and on... DH and I took a bet on how many we thought would still be alive for transfer. DH guessed 4 and I guessed 2.

When we got there and they had us go in and get undressed and in the lovely gowns and hats - so sexy! Took my blood pressure, drew blood for progesterone testing, popped the valium, and a few other things. All the while, I just kept trying to convince myself - they wouldn't have me doing all this if there weren't any to transfer, right? I just hope there's at least one!

So finally the doctor comes in and tells us that only 2 of the 6 had survived (I won!) and both were blasts. So that was exciting - better than 0 or 1, right?! lol There is definitely some fragmentation, but what can you do - it's been that way for the past 2 cycles as well and I know girls who have gotten pregnant with fragmented embies, so we'll go with that. And to quote the doctor: "They're not going to win any beauty pageants, but I've seen girls get pregnant with embryos that had more fragmentation that these!" lol

So, for the rest of the weekend, I'm not on bedrest, but I am confined to taking it easy and staying around the house, so I'm going to call it my 2 day house arrest. ;-) After that, just taking it easy, continuing the Lovenox and PIO, no exercise or lifting anything even remotely heavy, etc...

So this weekend will be filled with cheesy TV, DVR'd items, movies, etc... Not too bad - a chance to be lazy without the guilt! lol

And finally, here's are a couple pics of our two blasts - our lovely stuffed mushrooms!






Now stick around little embies, stick around - we love you already!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

yay! Praying hard for your 2 embies.....stick babies, stick! I think I will be on pins and needles until your beta!

Good luck hun!

shawnandlarissa said...

Amazing isn't it? Stick little embies, stick

shawna said...

They are beautiful, and perfect baby making material! I pray that they both stick.