Monday, January 12, 2009

I Love My Sister!

So - my sister leaves to go back to Australia on Wednesday, so she came down Friday night and spent the weekend with us! It was so great to see her. We just hung out, did some shopping, did some cooking, whatever we wanted, you know?

Her boyfriend is of Chinese (Singapore? I can't remember) decent. He was born/raised in Australia, but his parents weren't, so she has learned a lot of yummy dishes from them. She showed me how to make Lacksa (I think that's how you spelled it?) - has the Lacksa paste, cucumbers, coconut milk, and chicken served over noodles. And then we had a side of steamed baby Bok Choy with ginger/garlic - all so yummy. I'm going to have to make it again sometime!

I really, really, REALLY miss having her around and it was just so nice hanging out with her! I really wish she would move back - even if it's not to the area where I live. Just something closere than the literal other end of the world with a 20-30+ hour flight to get there. Boo.

She left this morning and is going up to visit my other sister before heading back to my parents and then getting ready to come back down here to Wednesday morning to fly out and head back home.

I wanted to cry today knowing she was leaving - I can't even imagine what I'm going to be like come Wednesday when I see her off at the airport. It's bad enough without the meds - I'll probably be a mess on these things!

No comments: