Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Don't Go!

My sister left today. :-(

Besides all the meds making me emotional, my sister leaving today to go back Australia has just make me want to cry all day. I miss her so much and love hanging out with her, and it is always so sad every time she goes back. It's just SO far away (20-30+ hours of travel to get there), it is so infrequent that we get to see her.

She will be coming home for my other sister's wedding this year, but that means she won't be able to come home for Christmas. Understandable, but just so sad.

My mom and I are planning a trip to go see her this year, just not sure when yet. We can't go February-April because my parents are going on their next volunteer trip to South Africa at the end of February/early March and they'll need to save up time and money for mom's ticket to Australia. Then, the wedding is in July so she'll be home then, so I guess it'll have to in Spring/early summer or maybe in the fall/winter? The last time she and I went to visit, we went the end of September into October - 5 years ago. This trip, a lot of it will depend on if this cycle works and I end up pregnant - when I can fly!

I have enough miles to get me there for free which is a great bonus! Plus, I have a free domestic ticket that I have to use by April-ish timeframe so if we go by then, my mom can use it for the domestic portion of her trip. If not, I'll go visit someone, I guess?

So, for now, I guess it's back to chatting via IM. It's just not the same, you know? Especially since there's a 14 hour time difference. It's hard to catch a time when we're both awake, free, and able to get online!

I know she's not reading this, but just wanted to say - I MISS YOU, SIS!!

No comments: