Thursday, August 13, 2009

Final Ultrasound

Had our last ultrasound yesterday - which was exactly 2 months from my due date. Wow! While it was sad knowing this would be the last time we'd see him until he was here for real, it was still so exciting to see him again!


Here's what we found out:

Sex: still a boy! DH said he was nervous it wasn't anymore since he got it so ingrained in his head that it was. So we're good to go!

HB: in the 150's

Weight: estimated at 4.2! While I know they can be off, it's comforting to know he may in fact be that big already and if, heaven forbid, something were to happen, he'd be a pretty good weight/age to hopefully do well in the NICU!

Height: said they couldn't estimate since he was all scrunched up

Position: head down! During the u/s he was head down and his legs over to my left side. He even had his hands/arms up by his head sleeping - it was so cute!

Placenta: apparently it's anterior. Go figure! I've been feeling him since 17 weeks, but I guess I could be feeling him more if it wasn't, from what I've heard. Who would have guessed!

My Weight: +1 since last appointment. Total +10.

Overall - they re-checked everything from head to toe and the tech and doctor both said he looked really good! Yay!

I have one more 2-week appt left and then around 35 weeks they said I switch to weekly. That's also when I get my lovely Strep-B test. I asked if they swabbed both from and back and the answer was yes. I'm ok with that, just wanted to know what to expect! lol

So, yeah - assuming this little guy is on time, our baby will be here is less than 2 months. Scary, yet exciting, thought! Oh - and I'll try and post some of the pics from the u/s - they put some on cd for me, but forgot my cd drive attachment today. Sorry!

1 comment:

shawnandlarissa said...

I'm totally jealous that you got another u/s. Glad everything looks good!