Friday, August 7, 2009

Busy!

We've had a busy week this week.

1) We did 2 daycare visits - 1 we really liked and 1 not as much. And go figure - the one we liked the most was the cheaper of the 2! We have a couple more left and then we'll make our final decision. The funny thing, is none of them really need our Yes/No answer until the baby is here. I had always heard that you have to do it ASAP b/c spaces fill up, but so far, that has just not been the case. We will probably do it sooner than that b/c that's just how I work, but I just found it so different than what I'd always been told.

2) L&D Tour: had our first class. It was a quick one - just a high level overview of some of the staff from each of the departments (NICU, Breastfeeding, etc...) and then a tour. There were a couple things I wish we could change (ie: the birthing tubs currently not hooked up), but our OB only delivers at this hospital so I'm happy we liked it overall! Plus, we've really only heard good things about delivering at St. Pete's, so that's good, too.

3) Nursery: nothing beyond emptying the room has been started (which subsequently needs to be re-emptied!), but we think we have narrowed down colors, etc... When we decide officially, I'll post them. It's not easy!

Other than that, we are finally ending our "on-the-go" session. We seriously haven't had a free weekend in I can't remember how long. This weekend we go to my nephew's 1st birthday party and then we'll finally be home for a while and can get things done. Yay! We got him this book (which is awesome!) with his name and then DH is picking up a toy today. Should be fun!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: