Friday, September 11, 2009

NST #1 and Baby Shower!

So - I had my first mini-freak out about the baby. Usually the little guy is very active at night and last night he just was not. I barely felt him move - even after all my usual tricks - poking my belly, putting my laptop on my belly, eating ice cream, etc... And still this morning. So I called my OB and they had me come in.

And wouldn't you know it, once I sit down in the waiting room the little guys starts moving like crazy and now won't stop! lol And I am NOT complaining!

But it was pretty cool to just be able to sit in there and listen to his heartbeat fluctuate for 10-15 minutes and see the contraction thing move. I don't know what it all relates to, but the contraction piece varied from 3% - 39% during the test and the heartbeat was all over the place - especially when he moved. So cool to see!

They said everything looked great, confirmed my regular appointment for next week and sent me on my way. They also made sure to tell me to call anytime - to not hesitate ever, that's what they're there for. That made me feel great!

And I learned one more thing - the NP who checked in said - Hmm, I wonder why you have a blue folder. Turns out, b/c I was at the RE, I have a special folder - that's kinda cool to know - I like knowing where I came from and why I may be paranoid sometimes. ;-)

So - other than that, DH is going fishing with a friend of his up by my parents' this weekend and tomorrow is my shower. I can't wait - to have everyone all in one place. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment: