Friday, May 30, 2008

He moved it!

Yup - it's official. Riley is definitely moving his left leg. Not a lot, but he did it a few times last night - yay! He still won't eat on his own, but if I put tuna in front of him, he will eat it. And he is still zoning out, but he does seem to be focusing a little bit better which is great!

We are supposed to keep him confined to a small area, so I have set up a little sleeping quarter in the living room for the two of us. Unfortunately, I have abandoned my husband temporarily as far as sleeping together goes, but at elast he gets the bed to himself! haha He does say that he really misses waking up next to me which is sweet - but he totally understands why I'm sleeping in the living room. I need keep an eye on him thoughout the night. I haven't slept much at all since he got hit - I wake up every 30-60 minutes to make sure he's still ok. And he has been. I probably don't need to do it as often, but I just feel the need to. Perhaps it's my maternal instinct kicking in and maybe it'll carry over to the next 9 months! lol

Back to the vet tomorrow, but I think things are definitely looking better!

No comments: