Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kitty Update

The vet had us take him home overnight last night and bring him back in today for more of the same treatments, fluids, etc... It broke my heart last night. He just laid there all night - which is absolutely understandable. You can really tell how hurt he is and how much drugs he is on. He just looks drugged up! haha He just stares blankly and lays there. Doesn't move at all - he won't eat or drink anything, even tuna which he loves!

I don't blame him, though. He's all drugged up and he has so many injuries in his head/mouth area that it's no wonder he doesn't want to eat. I just hope he gets better soon. Oh - and here's good news! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I swear I saw him make the tiniest of a movement in his left front leg - the one they said we'd most likely have to amputate. But I KNOW I saw it!
It'll be more of the same tonight - pick him up, watch how he does overnight and bring him back in in the morning. I feel so bad for him. I think being home does help his "morale", but he really does need to be at the vet. And I feel so bad every time I have to put him back in his carrier and drop him off. We're pulling for you, Riley!

Update: I added some pics I took of some of his injuries. You can't really see everything in the pics - including how he can't move his left front leg at all, but I just wanted to at least and try to capture some of this so I can see how well he progresses and where he is coming from, if that makes sense?


No comments: