Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sad News...

My kitty got hit by a car last night. I just want to cry. We have no idea who did it, but we definitely know he was hit by a vehicle based on the grease all over him. I was sitting inside watching TV and I just had this feeling that just kept telling me to go outside, go outside. Finally, I give in and go outside. And as I do, I see my cat just slumped in the driveway. I knew right away it was bad.

He was just collapsed there, bleeding, not focusing on anything and panting really quickly. I immediately just picked him up and put him in my car and drove to the vet - thank goodness we live so close to the vet's office! And thank god they were open late that night! OMG, the poor kitty - I can't even describe it.

Our regular vet stabilized him enough for us to transfer him to the Emergency Hospital. Thank God DH met me at the vet and drove to the Emergency b/c that let me hold Riley all the way to the emergency vet! They kept him overnight and then this morning I had to pick him up and bring him back to the regular vet. They have him on fluids and painkillers today. They are saying that he most likely won't get the use of his left front leg back and he may have brain damage since he took most of the brunt from the front/left.

He just looks so bad - but I guess that is to be expected when you get hit by a car! I just want to cry everytime I think about it - about how he must be feeling, about how scared he must have been - about getting hit, about just laying there in the driveway hoping someone will find him, about spending the night and all day at the vet getting poked and prodded, etc... OMG - see, now I'm starting to cry again.

I just want to thank both of the vets so far. He was in complete shock when I brought him in and they stabilized him and took such good care of him. He's alive! He is completely out of it, but I'm really just hoping it's from the pain killers, steroids, oxygen, and just the whole ordeal. Get better kitty - mommy and daddy love you so much!

No comments: