Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kitty Update #2

Yup - another update on Riley. Not too much is going on with me right now that compares. I start my first Lupron injections on Saturday, but I'll get into that in another post. Pretty much the same update today as yesterday. Still pretty much had a blank stare last night and didn't really move much. Although there were times I could get him to look at me. Still won't eat and hasn't peed, but the vet doesn't seem too concerned, so I guess I won't. And yes - I swear I saw him move his leg a little again tonight - I know it! lol

Every time a vet calls to give me an update, they keep bringing up amputation. It's getting kind of frustrating. I know it's not the same vet each time. And I know the odds are not in his favor that he will get use of the leg back since they said it appears that when he got hit, all the nerves, etc... all got separated and severed. But, the vet does say that it could take as long as 6-8 weeks to get it back if he will - so that, combined with that I know I've seen him make slight movements, I'm not ready to do that yet. SO PLEASE STOP TELLING ME ABOUT IT!

So we'll bring him home tonight and see how he does - here's to hoping!

No comments: