Saturday, May 31, 2008

IVF #1 - GO!

So - tonight we start the first of many injections. Tonight we start with the Lupron. Just to give a general background on how this all works:

- Initally, you go in for some bloodwork and for some exams - an HSG and an SHG. Basically, the SHG is a sonogram where thy look at the shape of my uterus, take measurements, etc... The HSG is where they thread a catheter through my cervix and into my uterus. Once in, they inject a dye into my uterus to watch it fill up and into my fallopian tubes to make sure everything looks clear and ready to go. My left tube was a little stubborn to fill up, but it did. I won't be needing them since we're going IVF, but it's nice to know they're there and are open!

I had REALLY bad cramps when they initially put the catheter in and when they were injecting the dye. Like really bad. But once they stopped, I didn't have any risidual side effects which was great! I know some girls have had cramping the rest of the entire day - I was lucky!

- More to come (I promise!)


Just for fun, I took a picture of my belly before we started the whole process. From what I hear, this whole process can make you pretty bloated. I don't mind - it'll all be worth it - especially if the bloated IVF belly turns into a bloated pregnant belly!

No comments: