Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Drive by Shooting ;-)

Tonight my husband and I went to see the varsity lacrosse team where he works play in the sectional semi-finals. They were up against the number one team in the country and ended up losing, but it was still fun to go. He used to coach this team for many years, but he has since given up coaching at varsity and dealing with all of the stress that comes with it and now works on the JV level. I'm sure he would love to just not coach at all any more, but I have to admit it's nice getting the coaching checks - especially now that we have IVF to pay for!

So - tonight was the first time that we weren't going to be home for my injection. We do them around 8:00 every night and 8:00 happened to fall while we were going to be at the game. So I bagged up my Lupron in a little lunch cooler I have to keep it chilled since it was warm out and packed up the needles and the rest of the "gear" and brought it with us. We couldn't really wash our hands at the game, so we did a mock wash, I guess you could call it. We used the anti-bacterial stuff you rub into your hands and then used an alcohol wipe to finish it off. And then I bared belly in our car at halftime and he shot me up! LOL It was actually the best shot we've done so far - no pain at all - I didn't even know he had done it - sweet!

No comments: