Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fert Report

Fuuuuuuck. Of the 10 eggs they got yesterday, they only injected sperm into 4 - so apparently out of all 10 of those eggs, only 4 were mature? Why the hell didn't they stim me longer? FFS! And of those 4, only 2 fertilized. 1 might catch up, but right now, 2. And based on the quality of DH's sperm, I don't have high hopes for those 2 lasting until Monday morning.

I know, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. "It only takes one." "There have been some girls who only had one and it worked." I know all of this, but right now I just want to bitch, scream, cry, everything. It's like we went through all of this and spent all this money for nothing. (Yes, yes, I know it's still early and they could last).

Almost makes me wonder if they didn't stim me longer because they didn't want to have to do it on a weekend. I know, that's probably not it, but blaming it on them is making me feel just the tiniest bit better right now. So now we hope and pray that those 2 (.5?) don't crap out and last until Monday morning where we have to drive 2.5 hours to put them back. I guess that resolves the issue of how many we put back, eh?

OK, thanks for listening to my vent. Sorry about that so early in the morning. I have the draft of my ER written, just haven't finalized/posted it yet. Will get to that sometime today. I hope you all have a great day!

No comments: