Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bye, Bye

Tonight is the last night I get to spend with my husband for a few days. We were supposed to go to a wedding in his hometown this weekend, but since Riley got hurt and I have to take care of him and give him his meds, I can't go. So he is going to go by himself. It makes me sad, but I think it'll be good for him. He has back problems and he has been in a lot of pain lately. I hate seeing him this way - it makes me so sad, you know? Maybe being away and getting to spend some time with his family and friends will help take his mind off of it and to relax some? I don't know - but I sure hope so for his sake! It just makes me sad that I can't do anything to help him. And of all the doctor's he has seen, no one has been able to help - you'd think one of them would!

So, I have decided tonight I will sleep with my husband! That sounds weird, doesn't it? haha As I think I mentioned earlier, I have been sleeping in the living room with the cat since he got hurt to watch him, take care of him, etc... But I miss sleeping with him! So tonight Riley will just have to hang out by himself and be a good boy ;-)

It has been so incredibly hard to contain him today - even more than yesterday. He doesn't seem to realize he has a fractured bone and is still pretty hurt and limping quite badly on his leg. But he keeps wanting to walk around, jump up on things (and subsequently down which I think is even worse!) and he even backdoored us tonight! He usually walks a few steps, stops, keeps going. We have been pretty good at keeping the door to the back stairs/outside closed so he can't go down them, but tonight T came in to talk to me quickly and left the door open. Well, Riley just booked it by him, down the stairs and out the back door. He literally ran and T had to chase him down and finally found him under the boat. That just HAD to hurt! But - like I said, Riley apparently has no care that he's hurt! Needless to say we put him back inside and he spent the rest of tonight laying down. Hopefully he learned his lesson!

Oh - and one last thing - tomorrow will be a mixture of something new and something awesome. T is taking the day off tomorrow so he can leave early and catch his friend's team's sectional finals game. But before he does, he is going in to drop off a semen sample for them to freeze in case we need it for the IVF and then he is coming to meet me for lunch! It is not often that we get to meet for lunch. Him being a teacher, our schedules don't match up - I can't wait! And for the something new - since T is going to be out of town, tomorrow will be the first Lupron shot I have to do myself - wish me luck!

No comments: