Friday, June 6, 2008

I shot myself!

Today is Lupron day #7. DH is out of town this weekend for a friend's wedding and I'm here with kitty. He usually does my injections, but since he's out of town, it was all me. And I have to say, it was no problem at all - I did a good job! lol

I started spotting today, so that generally means I should be getting my period tomorrow, making tomorrow Cycle Day 1. So that means on Cycle Day 3 I need to go into the RE's office for an ultrasound to see if I am sufficiently suppressed - well, if my ovaries are anyway! ;-) And if they are, then I get to start Bravelle which will stimulate my ovaries to (hopefully!) produce lots and lots of eggs/follicles. While I'm Bravelle, I'll stay on Lupron to make sure my ovaries stay sufficiently suppressed so they don't ovulate on my own and we lose all the eggs I'll produce. I'll be monitored every 1-2 days to make sure they're growing ok and nothing is going wrong. And then once they're the right size (18mm+) they'll remove the eggs, fertilize them with DH's sperm through Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) - meaning they'll inject a single sperm directly into an egg to increase the odds of fertilization. Then, 3-5 days later, they'll put a couple fertilized embryos back in!

For a quick kitty update. As of yesterday and today, kitty can't keep anything down, so I called the vet and they made an appt. for tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be ok!

No comments: