Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 6 of Stims, My Cat, and the Olympics

Today is day 6 of stims and tonights Lupron shot hurt like crazy! I got more Lupron at Monday's ultrasound appointment and the needle I used tonight from the Lupron kit hurt like crazy! Don't know why, but it went in hard - ouch! Follistim pen was once again, no pain at all. Hope the rest of the needles won't hurt like tonights!

So my first ultrasound on Monday and saw a decent amount of follies. Only one was measurable at Monday's appointment, but based on the fact that I could start feeling my ovaries today (and tons of EWCM!), I should have some more to measure during my appointment tomorrow (Wednesday).

Have been getting a lot of headaches and have been just so tired lately. Don't know if it's the Lupron or my lack of drinking water, crappy eating and staying up late to watch the Olympics. Probably both!

Speaking of Olympics, I'm watching right now. It's currently the Women's Gymnastics - Balance Beam event final. I already know who wins, but it's still exciting to watch. Despite all the talk out there, especially around gymnastics, the Olympics have been fun to watch. Michael Phelps, the women's beach volleyball, Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin for gymnastics, etc... I've even found myself enjoying diving (even synchronized diving!) and want to watch the Rhythmic gymnastics on Friday. Go USA!

I guess my last update is on my cat. I know some of you have asked, and I thank you for that. There really isn't much of a positive update. He still refuses to eat on his own and shows no interest. Therefore we still have to force-feed him with the syringe. Which he hates. It absolutely breaks my heart every time I have to do that. He now basically fears when I approach him. He used to love it knowing he's get a nice scratch - not being tortured with food and then me having to wipe his face because of the food that doesn't make it into his mouth. So now he anticipates it every time he sees me go near him and starts to freak out most of the time. I made DH do it today for most of the feedings because I couldn't bear to do that to him again.

But if we don't do that, he will continue to just get worse. As it is, even when we do manage to get his pill and food down his throat, he throws it up about 50% of the time. It just makes me so sad. He's just continuing to get worse. We are beginning to think to ourselves that he may not live that much longer. And because of that, we've even begun letting him go outside on his own. He might as well enjoy however much time he has left, you know? So he has free reign of the outdoors again and can do what he loves best - hanging out in our neighbor's yard filled with flowers, and plants, a few gardens, and a fish pond. He's in heaven! And we know for a fact he's not going hear the road again - he's scared of it! Poor guy (although that does make me happy!). Some people may criticize us for letting him back out where he could get hurt, etc... Where he got hurt the first time. But we don't care - we just want him to be happy considering his current circumstances, and that is what does it. So outside he goes during the day, and snuggling inside at night with us! We love you Riley!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Aw, poor kitty = ( I think you are doing right by him, If it makes him happy to be outside then thats where he should be. Good luck with your stims! Sorry your lupron hurt, my follistim hurt me one day too. I have no idea why. Grow follies, Grow!

shawna said...

I didn't even know that you had started another round. What a surprise! I hope that this is it for you. I totally agree on the cat. I would do the same thing.

Nikki Godbee said...

I am so sorry about kitty. That breaks my heart. YOu are doing the right thing by letting him outside, since he loves it. I so hope he starts getting better.