Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meet Landon Forrest!

So, here he is! My brand new nephew, Landon Forrest. His middle name is after our dad - love it! DH and I were thinking of doing the same thing if we have a boy, so now we'll just have to see! ha




He is the cutest thing ever - but then again, what baby isn't! I am proud to have him be the one to make me an aunt for the first time! Tom has nieces and a nephew so I guess they were technically my first, but they are through marriage. Not the same, right?! lol
My sister was due on 8/25 so the little guy came about 2.5 weeks early, but he is doing just fine - here are the details of the big day:

Thursday:
10:30 pm - water broke, went to hospital to confirm and they sent her home until her contractions were 3-4 minutes apart (she lives about 15 mins from hospital).
Friday:
8:30 am - called b/c contractions were about 4 minutes apart
9:30 am - checked into hospital, contractions were about 3.5 minutes apart
2:42 pm - Landon Forrest was born!

Date: 08/08/08
Time: 2:42 pm
Height: 19"
Weight: 6 lbs 8 oz

And, I know this sounds crazy, but look at the number of 8's up there:
Date: 3
Time: 1 (2 + 4 + 2 = 8)
Weight: 1
Room: 1 (born in room #8!)

Too bad he wasn't 1 inch shorter, eh? ;-) He's going to be one lucky baby!

I don't have all the details from the day since we were traveling up there during it all, but she made it through the process without any drugs/epidurals and only needed to push 3 times and he was here! She said there was a moment where she asked them to check her because she was seriously contemplating the drugs because it was so hard, but she said they sidetracked her so her mind was off of it for a bit and she ended up delivering before they could do it later! Toward the end, she spent time in the shower and then the tub, where she ended up actually delivering him. She said that all of the doctors actually just left the room after side tracking her and then aa short while later Travis saw the head - oops! Needless to say, they all came back in and Landon was here! And she didn't even need pain meds after - go figure!

I really hope that when it's finally my turn, it works out similarly for me!

I was really upset with myself that I missed the actual birth and that we didn't leave earlier, but I am happy that my mom was able to make it over there in time. Who would have guessed her first baby would come so quickly! I am just so proud of her! And Travis is such a proud dad, it's so awesome to see. And this is the first grandchild for my parents (9th for Travis' parents) - and they are just so happy (although my dad doesn't show emotion, so you'd never know it haha).

OK, now that I've bored you with the details, here are some more pictures of the new proud mommy and daddy, and little Landon!

Jamie, Travis and Landon - just a few hours after he was born:


Travis and Landon:


Little Landon swaddled up like a burrito!:

Landon - kinda looks like he's smiling! (and yes, I know he's not haha):

Me and my new nephew!


DH and Landon:


He is just going to be a great dad when we have ours! Even though he did want to go so see the baby, the weekend was a bit rough for him, understandably so. I felt so bad, but he did a really good job of not letting Jamie, Travis, or the family see. I'm so sorry Tom - and thank you for being you - I love you so much! We WILL have our own baby and I cannot wait to see you hold him!



My Dad and Landon (he was so scared he was going to squeeze him too hard!):



There are not pictures right now of my mom holding him - she was taking too many pictures!


Travis' mom and Landon:



Everyone! The new parents, Landon, DH and both sets of grandparents!



And, to finish it all off, a quick video I took - Landon loves to squeek and grunt while sleeping, so I had to capture it!



He is now officially 6 days old!

2 comments:

Amy C said...

How's your kitty doing?

shawna said...

He is beautiful! I love that hat that he is wearing. Congratulations Aunt!!