Friday, August 8, 2008

My Sister's in Labor!

Well - on her way at least! She called us last night around 10 letting us know that her water broke - can you believe it? So much for my due date guess of 8/22 or the original EDD of 8/25! lol We live about 3.5 - 4 hours away so she (or someone else later) will keep us posted so we'll know when we should head up to go be there. They went in to confirm it was her water breaking (although she had no doubt!) and they did and then sent her home to rest and sleep until the contractions start and get to be about 3-4 minutes apart. So, she called this morning around 8:00 letting us know that her they are now about 4 minutes apart and are lasting for about 1 minute each. So she is going to call her doctor and probably head in.

Guess that means we should probably start packing and figure out when we are going to head up. Who knows if she will take forever to progress or if it'll be quick! Sucks not living close in a lot of situations, but this one is worse. I could be living in Australia with my youngest sister - there's no WAY she'll be here. :-( Boooo....

Oh - and I need to remember to bring my Lupron. And call the RE in case I need to start Stims while I'm gone. Maybe they can give them to me just in case. and the biggest issue - what to do with the cat. Obviously can't leave him here - no meds, no food - not a good situation. We could take an different route up and drop him off at my parents house, but who knows how long we'll be in Burlington with my sister and Riley at my parents' house back in NYS. So maybe we will need to board him at the vet? Well that just makes me sad. Him being stuck in his little "cage" all day, scared and alone. Reminding him of all the time he's already spent there since his accident. He used to not mind going - now - not a fan and I don't blame him. Poor guy!

OK - guess I'll go pack and get ready and figure out what we're going to do so that when it's time, we can just go! Hopefully I'll have some good pictures when I get back on here!

2 comments:

Nikki Godbee said...

Maybe an 08-08-08 baby!! If i were closer i would keep Riley for you! The vet is probably the best idea though. They will take good care of him.

True Companions Plus One? said...

Thanks Nikki - that's sweet of you!