Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Date with the Wand

...went well! The cyst is gone, so I am off BCP and am starting my first Lupron injection (10 iu) for IVF#2 tonight - yay! Shhh.... I actually stopped taking the BCP Sunday night since I ran out of active pills - I didn't want to have to buy a whole new pack for potentially just one more day! haha

So now I just need to wait for my period to start - which should hopefully be soon since I am off the BCP and then can start my stims.

Before I left, I asked them about my protocol for this round. The nurse didn't know what it was yet, but I expressed my concern about it being the same as last time as they only ended up retrieving 10 eggs - and out of those 10, only 4 were mature Not acceptable in my opinion. Thankfully 3 of them fertilized! She mentioned they may up my Follistim dosage, but she wasn't sure and that she'd make a note in my file about it.

If they keep me at 150 iu this time, I will question it and track my own progress. And if it's progressing the same as last time, I'll bring up the possibility of upping the dosage or stimming longer. Four eggs just isn't acceptable to me and I don't like those odds. Less than 50% of the actual eggs and an even lesser percentage of the actual number of follies that I had.

So, I guess that's it. I paid for my portion of the cycle before I left - I'm got approved for grant again this round and they don't have you pay your small fortune until you actually get approved to start the Lupron. So, let's hope this one is it - because our savings account is pretty much empty after this payment and we'll need time to build it back up again if we have to go for #3. Yikes!

On an unrelated note, I have to call the vet today to figure out next steps for the cat. He now has zero interest in food (he did before, even if just a little), so we've been force-feeding him iwth the syringes now 100%. So that makes us incredibly sad - hopefully the vet will have some good next steps. And I honestly hate to say this, but I really hope the next steps won't cost too much. After paying for this round of IVF, we just don't have the money. But, we'll do what we have to do, I guess. It just breaks my heart to see him this way.

Other than that, all is well. NOTE - what I am about to type mentions another person's pregnancy. If you don't want to read it, I would stop reading here.

I haven't typed really much about my sister's pregnancy on here because I know a lot of IF girls read this and I don't want to upset them. Although I was really sad when I first found out she was pregnant (it was a surprise pregnancy), I have gotten over that and I just can't wait for that little guy to arrive! I am just so excited for her and her Fiance! My sister has officially passed her 37 week mark so her baby is "officially" full term - yay! She is due on the 25th, but we've all taken bets on when he will come and I picked the 22nd. She and I were both born on the 22nd (of different months) and my other sister was born on the 21st of this month. So I thought it would be cool to have another 22nd birthday. They haven't told us the name yet, so I'm curious to find out what it is. It'll be nice to have a little nephew running around, although we won't get to see him a whole bunch since they live abuot 3.5 hours away. But, DH and I will do our best to get up there when she goes into labor. Can't wait!

OK, guess that's it - a lot was covered in this post! haha I hope all is well with all of you and I'll "talk" to you later!

No comments: