Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Visit from the Family!

This was such a great weekend! My mom, sister, her fiance, and the little pumpkin below came down for a visit - and we had such a good time, just hanging out! Dad couldn't come, but we'll be going up shortly, I'm sure and get to see him then.

The weather was a bit chilly this weekend, but oh so sunny, making it a great weekend to do some fun fall things outside. I had gone up into the Heldeberg's and walked the Indian Ladder Trail last weekend when DH was away and it was absolutely beautiful up there with the leaves. So I suggested we all go up on Saturday and it was still so pretty. DH was hunting, but the rest of us went and enjoyed the view. I took 500+ pictures last weekend when I went (experimenting with my camera settings, I promise! haha) so I didn't take any, but my mom took a few hundred herself. Ha!

The rest of the weekend we just hung out, my sister tried on wedding dresses, we finally picked the pictures for our wedding album (thank you mom!) and played with the baby. Mom left this morning and my sister, her FI, and my nephew left early this afternoon so still had some time to ourselves this afternoon. I love it when my family visits and can't wait to see them again!
Here are just a few pics from my mom and me:






Sister, her FI, and my nephew:



Sister, her FI, and me!



The trail leads you behind a couple waterfalls - and more great views!






On a related note, here are a few pictures I took on the boardwalk by our house last weekend:







Fall and Family - love them both!

No comments: