Sunday, March 8, 2009

8w4d - Graduation Day!

So - I graduated! It was bittersweet. I was very happy to be at the stage where I am able to leave and be a "normal" pregnant woman, but very sad to be leaving. I have to admit I really like it there - they are amazing. The building, the staff, all of it. They are just so nice, comforting, supportive, encouraging and just down right good at what they do. Just everything.

I started to tear up when we left and everyone came up to me and gave me hugs. It was so sweet - I am going to miss them! They did tell me to come back for visits, though - with progress, pictures, and the baby when it's born! If I do bring in the actual baby, though, I'll be sure to check to make sure no one's in the office. I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings, you know?

So - let's get down to the excitement of the visit! Since this was our last visit there, they grabbed a DVD and threw it into the ultrasound machine - a 3d one! They recorded the whole thing - right down to the sound of the heartbeat. Let me tell you - that was awesome to hear!

Baby's heartbeat was up to 167 bpm and looks like a gummy bear or a teddy graham! You could see it's head, it's body, it's heart and it's arms and legs! It was so cool - it even moved around a little bit. I wished it did it more, but I'm not going to complain!

I wanted to post the video on here, but it has too much personal info so no can do. ;-) But, I'll post my lame attempt at taking a picture of one of the u/s pictures (they never look as good as the real thing!):




So - can you see his head, two arms, and two legs/feet? Little cutie, no? haha

They showed us views both from 2d and 3d - it was awesome! Not a bad substitute for a graduation diploma, eh? ;-)

And - just for my own sake in case I lose the paper, here's when I get to (potentially) stop my current meds:

Lovenox: 7/20 (evaluate at 28 weeks with potential to continue to 36 weeks)
hCG: 3/16 (10 weeks)
Aspirin: 9/14 (36 weeks)
PIO: 3/30 (12 weeks)

So - by the end of the month, I'll be down to only one injection - woohooooo!

OK, guess that's it - hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

WOW- baby does look like a teddy graham!!! I have my first appointment on Thursday so I'm very excited to see what's going to happen. I take one Prometrium a day and I'm almost out of the pills so wondering what doc wants to me do. I don't really want to buy an entire bottle for $40 when I only need a couple weeks worth more of the Prometrium.