Monday, March 16, 2009

RE costs vs. OB costs

I have to say - my insurance coverage for everything that happened with the RE was pretty crappy. I was more fortunate than many in that some things were covered with a co-pay, but for the most part, it was out-of-pocket. (We are so going to try and claim all of that on our taxes!)

On the other hand, I just called my provider today to see how it actually works BEING pregnant and I have to say - it's pretty darn cheap! I pay a single co-pay of $25 and that covers every single pre- and post-partum appointment - as many times as I go in, it doesn't matter. And as far as the actual delivery? It's just a $300 co-pay for room and board. Everything else is covered.

Holy cow! I am in shock. I never really use my medical insurance outside of my annual exam - so my biggest use of it has basically been the inability to use it for my RE stuff. So let's just say I am very surprised to find out it's actually pretty good outside of that.

I feel so fortunate - I'm still in shock! Wow.

No comments: