Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Year Ago

One year ago this past Saturday (4/25) we made our first RE appointment. Wow! And look at us now. When we first went it was depressing hearing the news that I knew I'd hear (if that even makes sense?). And then when we started our first IVF, we were pretty optimistic it would work. And then the crash when it didn't.

While I tried to remain pretty positive, there were plenty of times I wasn't sure this would ever work. And now, one year later, I have a little baby growing in my belly. It's unbelievable.

It still amazes me to this day that it worked. And that there is now a 5 inch long little being growing in my belly. And the fact that I can't feel something that big is sometimes even crazier to me!

I am 16 weeks 1 day today and officially in my 5th month. Wow. We have less than a month until our big ultrasound (5/18) and I can't wait. Hopefully by then I'll be "obviously" showing and not just look like I'm gaining weight. Part of me is in no rush, but there's another part of me that is excited for that moment - especially the feeling the movement. That just seems so surreal to me!

DH is absolutely in love and likes to touch my belly even though he knows he can't feel anything yet, but likes to do it. And will talk to the little one. He said he can't wait to buy the first book to read to my belly. lol

He sent me a text today and it said, "Next summer I will be sitting outside with my little baby. My kid! That's pretty awesome and I can't wait!". It's moments like these that just make my heart melt. Both in the fact that - wow, I'm really pregnant, and it hits me again. And also that I know my DH is going to be such a great daddy.

OK, I know this is just a bunch of rambling, but when I noticed the date on Saturday we were out to dinner celebrating my birthday and it just hit me. We were both so upset a year ago, at times thinking that we would never have a baby. And 3 IVF's later, here we are.

So now our fingers are just crossed that the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly and we get to hold our little one in October. Wow. Just wow!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awww. this post made me cry. The text from your DH is so sweet. I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait for you to feel the baby move and for your big u/s and all of that! You have been waiting for it for so long and SO deserve it!