Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Told Work

So I told work today. I was kind of nervous to tell. Only for the fact that in the back of my mind, are those two annoying words: "What if?". What if something happens? Once you tell people, it's out there - there's no easy taking it back. I've done this with everyone I've wanted to tell. Family, friends, work, etc...

I keep telling myself - I'll just wait until the next ultrasound. It's not that far away. And then that one comes and goes, and then I say - "what if". Why not wait until the next one, just in case. And on, and on, and on.

So I decided that now that I'm officially out of the first tri, I'm just going to suck it up and get it out there. I was so nervous telling my leader. Not because he'd be upset, but because I was actually telling someone. I was on the verge of tears and my hands were shaking by the time I was done. Such a sad sight to see, I'm sure!

But he was fantastic. He admitted he had an idea that's what was going on (his wife also works here and had someone recently on her team go through the same process) and was hoping that I'd come to him someday with this news. He had such a big smile on his face and was so excited for us - yay!

So once I broke the news to him, it was time to tell my team. And this is how I did it:



I called everyone over in hopes they'd pick up on the "pickles & ice cream" cliche. Out of about 10-12 people, all but 2 got it. Yay!

I ended up telling most of them about IVF and they were all very supportive and happy for us. I'm so happy it's out there now and I can stop putting it off. Yay!