Monday, September 29, 2008

Back from visiting my parents!

On a lighter note than my post below, outside of that comment, we had a great weekend! It was supposed to rain all weekend so my sister and I brought some spa-type stuff to treat my mom. But we didn't end up needing it! We let her decide what she wanted to do this weekend and here's what we did:

1) We went for walks around the house. The foliage is not quite at peak, but it was still so beautful - more so than these pictures can do justice to. My parents live in the middle of nowhere in the Adirondacks, so there are lots to look at!












2) We had cake (and ice cream of course!) made by my lovely sister - it was so good!




3) The boys went fishing - I'd post pictures of the 93 perch they caught, but I'd rather look at my husband re-stringing his line ;-)




4) We also went dress shopping with my sister - and she is still in love with this dress:

http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2102&P=1

It looks absolutely gorgeous on her!

5) And lastly, we went out to dinner - I had the best steak ever - so delicious!

And, of course, my adorable little nephew and he has gotten so big! He's just over 7 weeks now and such a little cutie. I'll try and post some updated pictures of him later this week - but I'll be sure to put it in it's own post so you so that you can decide if you want to look or not.

I always love going home - it's so nice and relaxing to visit. Soon, we'll have some visitors of our own! My mom said she'll probably going to come down for a visit sometime over the next month and so will my sister and her fiance. And soon - my other sister will be home for a visit from Australia. I can't wait!

I hope you all had as great a weekend as I did!

1 comment:

Amber said...

mmmm...seeing the pics of the beautiful fall color makes me homesick. Autumn is my favorite season, but we don't really get it here in Houston. (Wisconsin, my home state, has a gorgeous fall.) Glad someone got to enjoy it, though!