Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Sorry!

I'm so sorry for the last few posts being downers. So today, I'm chaning that. Despite the kitty situation, we really did have a wonderful last 11 days. DH is a teacher so had the time off already and I had last week and the previous Friday off for vacation. We spent a lot of time out on the boat (DH fishing and me relaxing and reading in the sun), the 2 trips to Syracuse for the Retrieval and Transfer, my Nestie GTG (DH fished), a BBQ, rented movies, spent time in the backyard just hanging out, and a fun-filled trip to Lake George for a few hours.

For those who don't know, Lake George is a village (and lake, of course!) about 45 minutes north that is quite the tourist area due to it's beauty (lake, mountains, etc...) but we decided to go up anyway for the day to get away and take our mind off things. We sometimes forget to take advantage of some of the local fun things to do - everyone else does, why not us!

So we drove up, had lunch on the water, walked around, got ice cream, browsed some shops, went to the beach, just relaxed and looked at the views, went mini-golfing, etc... It was just so nice and relaxing. A great way to close out the weekend, you know?

So I hope everyone else had a good summer and Labor Day weekend. Did you do anything fun?!

No comments: