Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nothing much going on...

Right now we are kind of just at a stand still in the IVF world. Still need to hear back from the RE if any of the new stuff is covered. Can't afford another round right now, so hopefully some of it will be - although I don't have much hope based on past experience.

And I have been SO fortunate to be able to buy a couple meds off some fellow nesties (thank you so much!) which will be a HUGE help - and my SIL works at an OBGYN office, so she said to fax her the list of the meds so she can see if they have any they'd be willing to donate to us. That was nice of her to offer - anything helps, so fingers crossed! I'm not counting on anything coming from it - if it does - that's fantastic! But if not, we're not any further behind than we started, right?

Oh yeah! Fun news! One of my fellow nesties sent me a fertility bracelet this week, and I wear it every day. It says "Believe" and I think it's a perfect word. Thank you Jacki! And congratulations again - MOMMY!

Outside of IVF, I've been spending a lot of time at work this week - kinda sucks, but needs to be done, I guess. And I've had what seems like a constant, pounding, splitting headache since last Wednesday - it hurts so bad and nothing seems to make it want to stop. I really think it's stress releated so I need a day to just not really think about anything and just reax.

This weekend we are going to go apple picking and we can't wait! We go every year and this weekend they should have a good variety of apples to choose from to pick based on their website. Especially the Jonagolds - yum! And those suckers are HUGE and good to both eat and bake with. I can't wait! I want to go back again in a couple weeks and pick Red Delicisous ones, too. The weather's supposed to be really nice Fall weather this weekend, so it should hopefully do the trick to take my mind off things and have some fun with DH!

This past weekend I met my mom in Lake George and we spent the day at The Great Escape (part of Six Flags). I had some free tickets - so I asked my mom if she wanted to go and she said yes! We just spent the day together hanging out. We weren't in the mood for some of the bigger rides like the roller coasters (I still had my headache) so we just spent the day on the Merry Go Round, Scrambler, Swings, Water Rides, Cannonball Express, etc... We were there from when the park opened to when it closed. I love amusement parks at night - with all the lights. We ended the day having dinner together and then we each drove our separate ways home. It was an AWESOME day - just some alone time - me and my mom. I love those days (and so does mom!)!

Since I don't have too much going on in the IVF world right now, I may take this week to catch up on some old topics. I don't think I ever posted pics from the weekend our nieces came to visit, so maybe I'll do that. And maybe some pics of my little nephew. He's so cute!

OK, guess that's it. DH is home from Open House at the school tonight, so time to go hang out. Hope everything is doing well, and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments: