Wednesday, February 18, 2009

6w 2d Pregnant!

I hope I don't jinx myself, but so far, I'm feeling pretty ok! I have had some very minor heart burn and I'm tired and bouts of emotional-ness (is that a word?). Not exhausted, but still pretty tired. No vomiting yet and only some very minor nausea, but if I eat something (granola bar, orange, jolly rancher), it seems to help. Still pretty thirsty, and off and on extreme hunger, and some cramping. Not too bloated, no spotting as of yet (phew!) and the boobs haven't really changed much and don't hurt yet.

It sometimes makes me wonder if anything is still going on in there, but then I remind myself - it's not the same for everyone - and I remember the symptoms I do have and consider myself extremely lucky.

And now, time for another round of c&p of what's going on in there. ;-)

http://www.thebump.com/:


Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.


http://www.babycenter.com/:

How your baby's growing: This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.See what's going on in your uterus this week.

---------

Both of these sites say the baby is 0.25 inches long, another says 0.75 - so who knows. But it's still prettty cool to know everything that's going on in there!

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I'm a little bit behind you. I have to tell you- my breasts rarely ever hurt when I was pregnant with my daughters. Everyone always talks about how agonizingly sensitive/tender/painful theirs are but I didn't have that until after they were born and I was trying to nurse them.

I also didn't ever get nauseous until week 8-9. So everyone is definitely different. It's hard not to read into everything, isn't it? I'm having a hard time not worrying!