Saturday, February 14, 2009

Confession

I am sad the other baby didn't stick. Now please don't get me wrong. One is the ideal situation and what I was expecting. But there is little piece of me that wishes my other embie hadn't died, you know? I am so greatful that we were lucky enough to have one stick - please don't think I'm not. I was just surprised how how sad I was that the other little one didn't make it. It caught me off guard.

Again - please don't think I'm being selfish or ungreatful - just a feeling that surprised me and I wanted to get that out.

Now - off to celebrate that I am pregnant and got to see that little sac in there, yesterday - yaaaaay!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

4 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

It is NOT selfish whatsoever! That was also your little baby and you are more than free to mourn the loss of them. Congrats on one little bean and sorry you're sad about the other!

I just got a positive pregnancy test last night (I miscarried in November). Looks like we'll be October Mommies! CONGRATS!!!

True Companions Plus One? said...

Ah, Joy, congrats! I was going to post a comment on your blog, but wasn't really sure who read that and if you'd want that out there yet. So I'll say it here - CONGRATULATIONS!

Melissa said...

You have every right to be sad that the other embie didn't stick.. I don't blame you at all! Take as much time as you need to mourn the loss of the 2nd little one.

shawna said...

I totally think that is normal. I felt it a little too about the 3rd one. Nevertheless, you're pregnant! I have waited almost a year to say that to you.