Friday, February 20, 2009

Heartbeat!

Yaaaay! We got to see the heartbeat today and it was the most amazing sight ever!

It's so amazing to think that there is a little baby in there with a beating heart. At 116 beats per minute. Inside my body. In my uterus. Wow.

They printed out about a billion copies for us to take home - and here's my attempt to take a picture of one of them!



You can see the sac and then within the sac you can see the baby (blob on the left) and the yolk sac (the circle-ish type thing connected to the baby's right side). The yolk sac will eventually turn into the placenta around 10 weeks!

I was so incredibly nervous going into this session that the minute we saw it and they said it's measuring right on track, I almost lost it. I started to tear up. I still can't get over it. And the look on my husband's face - I wish we could have gotten all this on tape!

We go back again next week and we will most likely hear it then. If not, then definitely at my graduation ultrasound. Can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

My heart is soaring for you! I cannot wait for my ultrasound. Hubby's face during our first daughter's ultrasound was priceless. He was smiling so hard I thought his face would split!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Conception is truly amazing, isn't it?

shawnandlarissa said...

Amazing! It's beautiful.