Friday, February 27, 2009

Ultrasound #3!

Still growing strong! She said the little one is measuring right on track, about 11 mm, with a strong heartbeat beating at 157 bpm!

Here is my once again sad attempt at taking a picture of one of the pictures. I suck at it, but at least it's something (ignore the giant white circle - it's just the reflection of my camera).



It doesn't really look human yet, but you could sort of see the distinction between the head and the body on the screen.

Next week will be our last appointment with the RE. They typically release you at 8 weeks, but since my ultrasounds have all been in the middle of the week (ie: today is 7w4d), they are having me come back next week for one more.

And I have a feeling this will be the best appointment yet! They said they will use the 3d ultrasound machine and pop in a DVD for us so we can have a copy of the ultrasound as well as the sound of the baby's heart! We haven't gotten to hear that yet and I hear it's just the most amazing sound ever. I cannot wait! And I feel so lucky they are giving us a DVD of the appointment. Woohoooooo!

I am so going to miss getting these every week after I graduate from the RE and am released to the OB. I'm getting pretty spoiled! Plus, I really like being there - I feel comfortable there. But will still be exciting to be released like a "normal" person. ;-)

In other news - the spotting has stopped (I think) - yay! No other new symptoms yet so I'm pretty excited about that. Other than that, not too much going on. Just looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one!

3 comments:

shawnandlarissa said...

Still growing strong! Hooray!

Joy@WDDCH said...

PHEW! Can't wait to see the 3D one!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! These early u/s are SO amazing.. I am SO SO SO happy for you.. Your little peanut is growing big and strong!