Monday, July 28, 2008

DH Comes Home Today!

I'm so excited! It has been 10 days since I last saw him! He finally got somewhere yesterday afternoon that had telephones so he called me to say hi and see how things are going. And then once they got back into cell phone range he called a few more times just to chat, check on that cat, see how things are and give an update as to where they are. He should be getting home any minute now and then give me a call - he said he's going to meet me for lunch - can't wait! I want to hear all about his trip.

I would have loved to have been home when he got there to give him a big old hug and kiss, but I'm actually also happy that I'm not. I cleaned up the house extra nice (yeah, I know, woo hoo haha), cut out letters from colorful construction paper and made him a Welcome Home sign and then wrote out a few cards and spread them throughout the house for him to find. I wanted to make him brownies this morning so the house would smell really good and he'd have a nice treat waiting for him, but I realized I didn't have a mix and didn't want to take the time to make them from scratch this morning while getting ready. So, instead, I made corn bread. And equal substitute, right?! haha But, he loves corn bread and I added some of the jalapeno's from the garden, so that'll be a nice treat for him, hopefully.

OK - guess that's it - just wanted to say yay that he's coming home and I can't wait to see him!

No comments: