Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Status Quo

Hey there - nothing too exciting going on right now, so haven't posted much. Just kind of playing the waiting game right now until my next appointment and we can get started again.

Our garden is really starting to produce some veggies now. Jalapenos are still growing like it's nobody's business (there are sooo many!), picked our first tomatoe yesterday, red bell peppers and cucumbers are starting to grow, radishes are sucking (flowering, but not really any actual radish - hmmm), lettuce has already been picked a few times and summer squash is still flowering. They all seem to be male flowers on the summer squash, though - I'd like at least ONE female flower so we can actually get a squash out of it! But, if now, at least the flowers are pretty to look at.

Other than that, just work as usual. Trying to take the cat out as many times a day as possible so he can get some outside time during the nice weather. I won't let him outside by himself anymore, so this may suck during the winter lol. And lastly, just waiting for DH to get home Sunday night/Monday morning. I've been missing him, so have sent him some text messages when I do. He won't get them until he gets back into civilization, but it at least makes me FEEL like I'm talking to him! haha

OK, that's it. I hope everyone is doing well (good luck tomorrow Shawna) and have a great day!

2 comments:

shawna said...

I am determined to try the gardening thing next spring. I love fresh vegetables, but hate paying the prices at the farmer's market. What month did you have to start?
Thanks for the good luck.

True Companions Plus One? said...

I'm in NYS (Albany) and we planted Memorial Day weeekend and the weekend after. Some we started from seed, others we started from seedlings. I definitely recommend it - I love going out and just picking stuff for dinner or to snack on - yum!