Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm back!

We are officially back from Rochester and our week of crazy driving. It's nice to be back and not have to travel anywhere for a while, do I did enjoy being away and not having to be at work!
We got a late start on Tuesday because we had to wait for DH's car to be fixed and then to hear back from the vet. By the time we heard back from everyone it was about 6:00 pm, so we didn't get into Rochester until a little after 11:00. It always takes us longer when we tow the boat, but it was worth it to be able to take it out - the weather was gorgeous for it!

We pretty much spent the week handging out on the boat, spending time with his family or at picnics. Even went to go see Sex and the City with his sister, which was good - there was no way I was going to drag DH to that one and none of my friends were interested, so I was just assuming I'd have to wait until rental. But nope - and it was good!
Having all of the activities helped take our mind off our love 2WW, but it was still hard - I'll get into that more in my next post. But, in the meantime, here are some pics from the weekend because you know I love to share pictures!
First up, pictures of Riley - he had to go with us because he's still on meds. But the good news - he has successfully eating and not vomited for the last week - how awesome is that!


I liked this picture b/c it made him look like an evil kitty lol



And he of COURSE, made himself comfortable while there!



Here's a pic from out on the water:


While out, we stopped off and had lunch overlooking the water and while there, were "entertained" by a couple of birds having some, uh, fun:

DH's parents got a new chihuahua - a cute little one named Beja - not sure what it stands for since it came with that name (she's 5 years old) - she's still a little skiddish since she came from an abusive home, but she's getting better!
And last, but not least, Rochester has a ton of dear roaming around the neighborhoods and his parents get a lot of them through their backyard - so here's a beautiful gal for your viewing pleasure!
We got back last night, unpacked a few things, and now I guess we're here to stay for a little while. I hope everyone enjoyed their long holiday weekend!

No comments: