Monday, July 21, 2008

Discovery Health: The Baby Lab

I just discovered this show today. It's both interesting and, for some reason, incredibly sad. I set my DVR to record it since it's apparently a regular series. I love watching how everything goes - reminds me of what we did. But it also surprised me because it made me cry a few times throughout the show. Both sad for me - it reminds me of our failed cycle and how optimistic/nervous we felt before we heard the news and how devestated we were when we got the BFN. And also sad for them - because I know how they're feeling when they get the bad news. OMG I feel sooo bad for them - the way they look/sound is exactly how I felt. Ugh - I'm sitting here crying for them, I can't even believe it.

And, this is the weird part, I'm jealous of the women on the TV that have good embies and end up pregnant. One thing I noticed is both of the women who did get pregnant were the ones who already had natural children before. The two that didn't, don't have any children - makes you wonder. I don't have any previous children, so maybe this won't happen for me, either. I know I shouldn't, because a lot of times it's just luck on how things go. And they're in the same situation as we are needing the IVF/ICSI. I'm so stupid.

So I guess we'll see if I continue to watch this series or if I end up canceling the recordings, who knows. It just reminds me of how sad we were with the BFN from #1 and how scared we are that #2 won't work either. I don't know...

No comments: