Tuesday, July 15, 2008

IVF#2 - CD3 Appt - I have a cyst

So - had my CD3 appointment today for IVF#2. Normally, I love walking into my RE's office. It's really comfortable, pretty, and full of optimism. But today, it was still comforting, it was still pretty. But I didn't feel as excited about being there. We all know why, obviously, but I didn't like feeling that way. I am definitely looking forward to trying again, but I'm also scared as hell that it, again, won't work.

So they checked me in, we discussed applying for the grant again for this round. I got approved - my cost share is $5k. Much better than the full $10k, but still frustrating to have to make sure we have that money. We do, but I don't like seeing all of our money disappear. Oh well - we don't technically have to pay it until I start Lupron anyway - and even then, it'll be put on my credit card so we still have a little more time to save more money before the bill is due. We will then pay it in full.

So the appointment was pretty standard - blood draw (again), lining check, and a check for cysts. Seriously, I think we give more blood than the normal person - we should definitely get some OJ and cookies, right?! Just like those who donate blood ;-)

I suspected they'd find a cyst on the left ovary based on some pain I was feeling a few days ago, and they did. They originally said I'd start Lupron on 8/02, but since I now have to go on BCP to get rid of the cyst, I have to go back for another check on 8/05 before they'll give me a new Lupron date. They said it looked like it was going away on it's own, so hopefully it'll be gone and I can start on 8/05 - only 3 days later. The good news was I didn't have to pay for a new pack of BCP - I still had some left over from before TTC - woohoo! I still find it funny that going ON birth control would actually be a part of GETTING pregnant ;-)

We also discussed my protocol. They don't have it yet, but I discussed with them how I was concerned that I only got 4 mature eggs out of about 16 follies. They said they would, of course, review my last cycle and adjust for this one. I'm curious what they'd come up with - and if it doesn't sound right to me, you can bet I will be questioning!

I also only stimmed for 9 days last time. So I will be closing monitoring how my follies are growing and I will also question how long they have me stimming. If it looks like they may be stopping me to coincide with a weekend, I'll be questioning that as well. Should I really be stopping, or are you just doing it for convenience of your schedule? Now, I'm not saying that's what they did last time, it just seemed kind of coincidental to me - ER on Friday, ET on a Monday - and only getting 4 that were mature enough. I don't know - I just may be letting my anger/sadness affect my thoughts at the moment. Probably am.

I had them confirm, as well, that my husband's frozen sperm are, in fact, still frozen and still in Syracuse which is good. We had him "deposit" multiple frozen samples in case his day of fresh sample sucked (which is a good possibility based on how bad his MFI is). Thanksfully, we didn't have to use them for IVF#1, but it's comforting to know we have them as a back-up, just in case.

I teared up again today - in the exam room while doing my mini WTF appointment. They had a big old box of tissues in there, so apparently I'm not the only one lol I made myself stop, but the sadness still hasn't gone away. I just want these next 3 weeks to go by quickly so we can get the ball rolling on this cycle. But, at least we don't have to do a break cycle - we are very thankful for that.

On a more positive note, DH surprised me again today by calling and sayinghe's taking me to lunch. He wanted to talk about today's appointment. That made me happy - he is really understanding now how everything works, is up on the lingo for the most part, and if there's something he doesn't understand, he makes sure to ask. I love that he is so caring and involved.

I LOVE YOU, BABE!

OK, guess that's it. I'll try and post a more positive post next time. I guess this was more of an update on how my appointment went, but hopefully I'll have something more interesting to talk about next time lol I hope you all are having a great day and a great cycle!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

all i can say is good luck & God bless- i don't know why our 1st IVF's can't just work the way they're supposed too- it sucks to have to go through all that crap again! you're in my thoughts & prayers.
aaand- have we discussed how alike our cats are- your cat & my gary(cat) look sooo alike & gary drinks out of the toilet too- sicko!

Nikki Godbee said...

I am so sorry it didn't work out the first time. Hopefully this time will be the one!

True Companions Plus One? said...

Thank you both! And t.bird - yeah - I was thinking the same thing when you posted all your babies! lol